Updated Monday, January 2, 2023 at noon
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide from Monday, January 2 to Sunday, January 8, 2023.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: January 2-8, 2023
- The Riot presents Cipha Sounds at Rudyard’s Pub | Friday & Saturday – On back-to-back nights, the comic featured on Chappelle’s Show, TruTV’s Laff Tracks and as an MTV VJ takes the upstairs stage at Rudz for four shows of laughter. $17 and up. 7pm and 9pm.
- Houston Symphony presents The Music of Elton John & Billy Joel at Jones Hall | Friday to Sunday – The piano and vocal virtuoso Michael Cavanaugh—who was handpicked by Billy Joel to recreate the Broadway musical Movin’ Out—puts his talent and performing prowess on display in Downtown Houston, playing the hits from two iconic rock legends, Billy Joel and Elton John. $39 and up. Times vary.
- Comedian Bill Bellamy at Houston Improv | Friday to Sunday – The Marq-E comedy venue welcomes actor and stand-up performer Bill Bellamy, who in recent years has starred in the Netflix miniseries Self Made, and featured in 2021’s A Dark Foe, opposite Selma Blair. Tickets are sold by the table; $60 for 2, and up. Times vary.
Monday, January 2, 2023
Tuesday, January 3, 2023
Thursday, January 5, 2023
Friday, January 6, 2023
Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Myths, Legends & the Holy Spirit Opening Reception at Archway Gallery | FREE – This event showcases the work of Houston artist Susan Sheets, known for exploring stories of the past and giving them a 21st century spin. Light bites and wine will be served. 5pm to 8pm.
- Adult Owl Prowl at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center – In this fun, relaxed event, you can enjoy refreshments (light snacks, hot chocolate, coffee, and Saint Arnold Brewing Company beer) while you meet live owl ambassadors, then join in on a hike through nighttime trails. $50. 6pm to 8pm.
- 14th Annual BowiElvis Fest at the Continental Club – That time of the year has come again where music lovers the world over gather together to celebrate two of the biggest, baddest, and most influential icons of music history—the King of Rock and Roll and the Thin White Duke—on their shared birthdays. Catch tribute tunes from bands across multiple stages, face painting, Bowie and Elvis games, a costume contest, prizes and more. $25 and up. 6:30pm.
- Future & Friends in Concert at Toyota Center – Pioneer of the melodic trap rap style and everybody’s favorite feature, Future is bringing the party to H-Town on his One Big Party tour with friends Trippie Redd, EST Gee, Boston Richie, and more. $55 and up. 7pm.
- That Arena Rock Show: A Tribute to ’70s & ’80s Rock at House of Blues – Fix up your big hair and studded leather for a night of arena rock megahits at this tribute show in Downtown’s House of Blues. $12. 7pm.
- Swimwear Department, with Big Bill and Pinkie Promise in Concert at the Heights Theater – The surf rock baby of B-52s and Electric Six, Swimwear Department is bringing summer to the cool January winter as they take the Heights stage with Big Bill and Pinkie Promise supporting. $16 and up. 8pm.
- David Lee Garza & Roberto Pulido in Concert at Rise Rooftop – Texas legends of Tejano join forces for a rooftop concert in Midtown when the Grammy-winning David Lee Garza and Roberto Pulido take the stage. $15 and up. 9pm.
- Bowie All Night at Numbers Nightclub – The Montrose nightclub spins Bowie music all night long to celebrate the Thin White Duke’s birthday, along with visuals guaranteed to have you dancing. Cover charge at the door. 9pm to 2am.
Sunday, January 8, 2023
Leave a Reply