A sprinkler system is being credited with stopping the unfold of a car fireplace within the parking storage on the backside of an Exeter condominium constructing Sunday morning.
The fireplace began simply earlier than 3 a.m. in Constructing A on Willey Creek Highway contained in the Ray Farm neighborhood off Route 27 in Exeter, in response to Exeter Hearth Chief Eric Wilking. Residents of 4 story constructing had been evacuated for about an hour as firefighters put out the blaze and remained on scene to take away smoke and take away the scent of smoke and gasoline from the storage, stairways and hallways.
“This hearth actually had the potential to unfold, however the sprinkler system and fast work of our crews stored it at bay. The incident is an effective reminder in regards to the effectiveness of a working sprinkler system,” Hearth Chief Eric Wilking mentioned in an announcement.
Nobody was injured within the fireplace. The reason for the fireplace is beneath investigation.
Contact reporter Dan Alexander at Dan.Alexander@townsquaremedia.com or by way of Twitter @DanAlexanderNH
Leave a Reply