Count down to 2023 at 55+ New Year’s Eve parties for adults around Houston on New Year’s Eve, Saturday, December 31, 2022.
Are you ready to put 2022 behind you? What better way than to count down the final seconds at one of many exciting New Year’s Eve events around Houston.
From special dinner menus and parties at your favorite neighborhood bar to extravagant hotel parties, concerts, and family-friendly bashes, there are many events—at every price point—to choose from.
We will continue to add to this list as New Year’s Eve approaches, so check back for updates as more Houston area New Year’s Eve parties and events are finalized.
All events continue past midnight or later unless otherwise stated.
Looking for family-friendly New Year’s events? Check out our guide to kid-friendly New Year’s celebrations.
By Neighborhood + Region
Downtown + EaDo
- Speed Dating at Dean’s – This just might be where you meet your special someone. Head Downtown where Dean’s on Main creates a private club atmosphere where you can meet others in a low-key, no-pressure way. $49. 5pm to 7pm.
- New Year’s Eve Dinner at GJ Tavern – Chef Tim Reading has crafted an exquisite six-course dinner at this posh Downtown spot. Two seating times are available and the menu includes items such as Gulf fish ceviche, lobster ravioli and braised shortribs. $100 and up. 5pm to 8pm; 9pm to midnight.
- Houston Rockets vs. New York Knicks at Toyota Center – The home team welcomes the Knicks for the annual New Year’s Eve game. $20 and up. 6pm.
- NYE Houston Bash at Cidercade – Ring in the New Year at East End’s Cidercade by playing fun arcade games, grab grub from food trucks, and drink a few signature hard beverages. At midnight, there will be confetti cannons and a toast. $40 to $50. 7pm to 1am.
- New Year’s Eve Party: As You Wish at True Anomaly Brewing – An open bar, party favors, and more highlight this evening at the EaDo brewery. There’s also a VIP experience that offers a keepsake, heavy hors d’oevres and other festive surprises. $75 and up. 8pm to 1am.
- New Year’s Eve Celebration at Post Houston | FREE with RSVP – This all-ages celebration invites the public to the rooftop Skylawn for a New Year’s countdown, multiple bars throughout, live DJs and stellar skyline views. Plus, you can take in the final days of Winter Wonderlawn at Post. 8pm to 2am.
- Basswave NYE 2023 at North Docks at Post – A lineup of DJs performing drum & bass, dubstep and soundsystem music take to Post Houston’s North Docks area for an event with digital art and projections that will bring revelers into the new year. Advance tickets are $20. 8pm to 2am.
- New Year’s 2022 Bash at the Secret Group | FREE – The EaDo comedy club and music venue returns with its signature New Year’s bash, featuring a $1,000 balloon drop, ticket giveaways and drink specials all night long. Free with RSVP before 10pm; $10 after 11pm; VIP tickets available for $60. 8pm to 2am.
- New Year’s Eve Ball at House of Blues – Dress to impress and toast to midnight at the Foundation Room in Downtown’s House of Blues, complete with the tunes of DJ Mohawk Steve. $25 and up. 8pm to 2am.
- The Suffers, Fat Tony and Dem Roots in Concert at Last Concert Café – This trio of Houston acts comes together to ring in the new year with a live show at a longtime H-Town institution. $50 and up. 9pm to 12:30am.
- All-Inclusive NYE Dance Party at the Crystal Ballroom at the Rice – Embrace the glamour of the holiday at a huge everything-included, immersive dance party and circus soirée in the history venue in Downtown. With carnival performers throughout the venue, the party will feature live music by The Slags, DJs spinning tunes, a 1am taco breakfast buffet, and more. $150 per person; $275 for a VIP party package with a 9pm buffet, premium drinks, and more. 9pm to 2am.
- DNVRMX presents Skyline ’23 at Post Houston – The production team behind popular Pride events takes on New Year’s with a celebration at Post featuring international DJs Hugo Warllen and Marti Frieson, performers and stellar views of the skyline to ring in the new year. Advance tickets start at $20. 9pm to 2am.
- Gatsby’s House New Year’s Eve Party at Hilton-Americas Houston – This 21+ party is a posh affair, with four distinct party areas, three DJs, two VIP spaces and an epic New Year’s countdown in the ballroom. $109 and up. 9pm to 2am.
- Prohibition Nights: New Year’s Eve 2023 at the C. Baldwin Hotel – This Prohibition era–themed party includes complimentary cocktails, a live DJ, light bites and a burlesque performance. $99 and up. 9pm to 2am.
- Black & White Masquerade Ball at J.W. Marriott – Put on your fanciest mask and enjoy this evening in Downtown, featuring dancing, cocktails and light bites, mingling and a midnight countdown to 2023. $128 and up. 9pm to 2am.
- NYE Ball Drop at Bauhaus – Hit the outdoor stage at the EDM venue in Downtown for a ball-drop at midnight and a lineup of New Year’s DJs. $20. 10pm to 2am.
Midtown, Montrose, Museum District + Third Ward
- Brunch & Football at Now or Never | No Cover – Midtown’s newest neighborhood bar turns into college football headquarters, featuring drink and brunch specials all day and featuring TCU vs Michigan at 4pm and Ohio State vs Georgia at 7pm on 40+ TVs, and plenty of games including pool, basketball, air hockey, Pac-Man, Golden Tee, ping-pong, bocce ball, and cornhole. 11am to 2am.
- New Year’s Eve Toast at Blossom Hotel Houston – Pop into the lunar-themed boutique hotel near the Museum District and toast to 2023 with a couple glasses of bubbly paired with 4 chocolate covered strawberries. No reservations required. $35. Anytime from 7pm to 12:05am.
- Toast to New Year’s at Groove’s – There’s a photo booth, midnight breakfast buffet, live DJs and more at this party at the Third Ward nightlife destination. $25 and up. 8pm to 2am.
- Johnny Falstaff’s Skyranch, Christopher Seymore & more in Concert at Continental Club | FREE – Ring the New Year with some Texas twang when a night of country music artists takes the stage at Continental Club. Stick around for a free Champagne toast. $15 in advance; $20 day of. 9pm to 2am.
- Gone to the Moon: New Year’s 2023 at Basement Houston | No Cover – The Downtown nightclub hosts a New Year’s Eve party. Registration required. 9pm to 2am.
- New Year’s Eve at Numbers Nightclub – The Montrose haunt hosts a midnight bash for New Year’s, returning to the dance floor with a $2,023 cash balloon drop at the stroke of 12, plus complimentary party favors. Cover charge at the door. 9pm to 2am.
- NYE 2023: 3 Year Anniversary with Yellow Claw at Rise Rooftop – Celebrate the third birthday for the Midtown rooftop venue and nightclub with a New Year’s DJ set from Yellow Claw, Riddler, Altruist and others. $60. 9pm to 2am.
- NYE at Little Woodrow’s Midtown | No Cover – The Midtown outpost of the popular drinkery celebrates midnight with a toast and other New Year’s celebrations. 9pm to 2am.
- New Year’s Eve Silent Disco at the Brass Tap – Head to Midtown for this celebration, which includes three DJs spinning three music genres and wireless headsets for the perfect silent disco experience. $30. 10pm to 2am.
- New Year’s Eve 2022 at Hotel ZaZa – Snag a room at the swanky Hotel ZaZa in Museum District and get access to the boutique hotel’s NYE party and brunch the next day. Enjoy live DJ, cocktail pop-ups, a champagne toast and then quell the hangover the next day with an elaborate brunch buffet, mimosas and Bloody Marys. Room reservations are required to attend; starting at $559. 10pm to 2am.
The Heights + Washington Avenue
- New Year’s Bash at B&B Butchers – Head to this Washington Avenue favorite for a feast to ring in the new year. Live music is slated downstairs beginning at 7pm, and a DJ continues the party on the upstairs patio at 10pm. Pricing varies by menu selections. 5pm to 1am.
- Saluting the Mai Kai at Lei Low | No Cover – The Heights-area tiki bar continues its New Year’s Eve tradition of paying homage to a classic tiki spot. This year celebrates the Mai Kai, a much-loved Florida tiki-themed restaurant and bar known for its strong drinks, South Seas show and intimate Molokai bar. Lei Low plans a selection of drinks made famous by the Ft. Lauderdale spot, music and more, including a midnight toast. 7pm to 2am.
- New Year’s Eve at Upside Pub – The Garden Oaks eatery hosts this special event that includes an all-you-can-eat menu, reserved table space, four drink tickets and a midnight Champagne toast. $60. 8:30pm to 1am.
- The Homecoming: SoberEve HTX at Railway Heights Market – DJs spin tunes while you enjoy a light show, mocktails and coffee bar, and an epic midnight confetti drop. $20 in advance; $30 day of. 9pm to 1am.
- Dancing & Desserts: NYE with Boomtown Brass Band at the Heights Theater – Spend New Year’s Eve enjoying live music from the New Orleans jazz group, Boomtown Brass Band and treat yourself to dessert selections and a champagne toast in the Heights. $28 and up. 9pm to 1am.
- New Year’s Eve Bash at Harold’s Restaurant, Bar & Rooftop Terrace – Harold’s on 19th Street celebrates the new year with a bash that includes appetizers, a carving station, heavy hors d’oeuvres, cocktails and dancing through midnight. $125; reservations required. 9pm to 1am.
- New Year’s Eve in the Sky at Big Brothers Big Sisters – This 26+ event features a live DJ, party favors, open bar and killer views from the near Downtown charitable organization. $65. 9pm to 2am.
River Oaks, Upper Kirby + Rice Village
- NYE in Ireland Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Celebrate the new year Irish-style with traditional Irish music by Ulla, joined by other musical guests. This year’s performance is synced with the New Year’s drop in Ireland, which takes place in the early evening of Houston. $50 and up. 4:30pm to 6:30pm.
- New Year’s Eve Dinner at Backstreet Cafe – Chef Hugo Ortega’s bistro in River Oaks features a New Year’s Eve dinner menu with offerings like Gulf Coast beignets, butternut squash salads, and duck confit. $79 per person (plus tax and gratuity). 5pm to 11pm.
Galleria + Uptown
- New Year’s Dinner at Etoile – The Uptown Park restaurant offers two seatings on New Year’s Eve, with a three-course menu beginning at 5pm and a four-course menu that kicks off at 6:30pm, plus you can stick around for a midnight Champagne toast. Reservations required. $78 and up. 5pm to 6:15pm; 6:30pm to midnight.
- New Year’s Eve: A Black Tie Affair at Turner’s – The Post Oak dining spot rings in the new year with pianist Thomas Cokinos alongside a delicious dinner menu and New Year’s Eve–inspired specials. Menu prices vary; entertainment charges of $50 for the early seating; $125 for the late seating. 6pm and 9:15pm.
- A Rat Pack New Year’s Eve at Café Annie & Bar – The sophisticated Uptown restaurant has two dinner seatings on New Year’s Eve. The second, which begins at 9:15pm is black tie and includes a Champagne toast at midnight. $250 and up. Seatings at 6pm and 9:15pm.
- Vispero de Año Nuevo at Urbe Houston – This festive Mexican New Year’s Eve celebration features passed bites, Mexican street food stations, an extravagant dessert table, tequila cocktails, a live DJ, festive décor and photo station. Each ticket includes four specialty tequila cocktails with a cash-bar afterwards and sparkling toast at midnight. $85, plus tax and gratuity. 8:30pm to midnight.
West Side, Energy Corridor + Sugar Land
- RockIt Fest at Fort Bend County Fairgrounds – Indie artists of Hip-Hop, R&B, soul and other genres highlight this full-day event that offers plenty of music and a chance to win prizes. $25 and up. 2pm to 2am.
- Straight No Chaser Comedy Tour at Smart Financial Centre – Get ready to laugh your way into the new year as Teddy Carpenter, D.L. Hughley, Mike Epps, Cedric the Entertainer, and DC Young Fly take to the stage. $59 and up. 7pm.
- New Year’s Eve with Mr. Wonderful at Wildcatter’s Saloon – Ring in the new year with this ‘80s New Wave experience and show in Katy. $10 and up. 7pm to 1am.
- New Year’s Eve Extravaganza at Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon – A money balloon drop, Champagne toast and a buffet breakfast are all part of the festivities at the Spring Branch saloon. $25 in advance; $35 at the door. 8pm to 2am.
- Angelucho Copacabana presents Havana Night 2022 at the Hilton Garden Inn Sugar Land – Back after a two-year hiatus, this Cuban-themed New Year’s Eve party will have you rocking out on the dance floor with the Copacabana band and a DJ between sets. Tickets include a gourmet buffet dinner, two drinks and a midnight Champagne toast. $119 per person. 8pm to 2am.
- New Year’s Eve Party at Julep – Toast in your style when you book reservations for booths that offer black-tie guests goodies such as a bottle of Champagne, signature cocktails, a seafood tower, party favors and more; or go casual with a table reservation in the parlor that offers a bottle of Champagne and balloon drop at midnight. $150 and up. 10pm to 2am.
- One More Time: Tribute to Daft Punk at Stereo Live – Hear the hits of the masked electronic music superstars when One More Time plays the hits to ring in the new year. $7 and up. 10pm to 2am.
The Woodlands, Spring + North Houston
Pearland + Bay Area
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Leave a Reply